Xperia Play 2 Picture by Jsus


Jsus, the same guy who caused so much controversy when he sent me that Xperia Arc HD picture is now back with an image of the Xperia Play 2. Of course, I advise you to be cautious and consider this a render or a concept, although my source tells me that this is supposed to be a real device…

This time I’ve used a watermark on the photo so other big websites won’t steal this scoop. Well, my source say that the Xperia Play 2 will feature a 4.3 inch display with a 1280 x 720 pixel resolution, an 8.1 megapixel camera with autofocus, 16x digital zoom and LED flash. There’s also a 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 dual core processor on board, but that aspect hasn’t been decided 100% yet. The design reminds me of a LG or Samsung Android smartphone and I can’t help but wonder why the handset doesn’t use the 3 capacitive buttons for Android 4.0, instead of these 4.

As you can see we have pretty much the same control system as the one on the Xperia Play 1 and that notification bar that’s supposedly transparent like on the Xperia S, all the way at the bottom of the keyboard. I’ve heard speculations for a while now that in the future Sony portofolio there’s a model called the Xperia X or Hayabusa that’s rumored to be the Xperia Play 2. Could this be it, the PSP Phone 2?

[Thanks Jsus]

source